"Remember me" implored the Thief — Testament

"Remember me" implored the Thief! 1
Oh Hospitality!
My Guest "Today in Paradise"
I give thee guaranty.

That Courtesy will fair remain 5
When the Delight is Dust
With which we cite this mightiest case
Of compensated Trust.

Of all we are allowed to hope 9
But Affidavit stands
That this was due where most we fear
Be unexpected Friends.
(F.1208/J.1180)
[1–4] "Remember me":: in Luke 23:41–43, a thief's last will was, "Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom." Jesus granted him.
[5] fair:: equitably, justly; wonderfully. fair remain:: the wonderful estate of the dead will be distributed equitably.
[6] Dust:: ashes of the dead; worthless things. Delight is Dust:: all the delightful things when one is alive now becomes ashes.
[7] we:: the inheritors.
[8] compensated trust:: the inheritance to compensate the inheritors' trust; the reward of our trust in God.
[9] allowed to hope:: we may hope anything from the will.
[10] Affidavit:: a statement made in writing, confirmed by the maker's oath, and intended to be used as judicial proof (OED); here indicating the last will or testament.
[11] was due:: each gets what he deserves.
[12] unexpected Friends:: the unexpected names listed in the will to share the estate.

And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. (Luke 23:41–43)