The Treason of an accent — Daniel Deronda

The Treason of an accent 1
Might Ecstasy transfer-
Of her effacing Fathom
Is no Recoverer-
(F.1388/J.1358)
[1] accent:: the voice peculiar to a nation. Treason:: This poem is about Daniel Deronda (1876) by George Eliot. Daniel was a Jew but raised as an English gentleman, though he didn't know he was a Jew at that time, a kind of treason from Jew's view.
[2] Ecstasy transfer:: Daniel found his mother via a Jewish girl Mirah, and found out that he was a Jew. He accepted his new identity and married Mirah.
[3] her:: Gwendolen Harleth, a good friend of Daniel. effacing Fathom:: Gwendolen married to Grandcourt for money, and regreted. She ended alone in the story.
[4] no Recoverer:: Gwendolen had a bad marriage. Daniel did not recover with her but selected Mirah. Gwendolen had no recoverer.

(Gwendolen's letter to Daniel at the end) Do not think of me sorrowfully on your wedding day. I have remembered your words: that I may live to be one of the best of women, who make others glad that they were born. I do not yet see how that can be, but you know better than I. If it ever comes true, it will be because you helped me. I only thought of myself, and I made you grieve. It hurts me now to think of your grief. You must not grieve any more for me. It is better-it shall be better with me because I have known you. ─ Daniel Deronda (1876) by George Eliot

Dickinson in her letter (450) included this poem and wrote: please not to own "Daniel Deronda" till I bring it."