Now I knew I lost her — Nun's Awakening

Now I knew I lost her-1
Not that she was gone-
But Remoteness travelled
On her Face and Tongue.

Alien, though adjoining 5
As a Foreign Race-
Traversed she though pausing
Latitudeless Place.

Elements Unaltered-9
Universe the same
But Love's transmigration-
Somehow this had come-

Henceforth to remember 13
Nature took the Day
I had paid so much for-
His is Penury

Not who toils for Freedom 17
Or for Family
But the Restitution
Of Idolatry.
(F.1274/J.1219)
[1–20] A nun reviewed her life and knew that she had lost herself. This poem says that to be a nun isn't the true way in believing God but idolatry. The three pronouns here, I, her, and His, stand for a nun, the nun's own self before she became a nun, and God.
[1] I:: a nun for many years. her:: her own self before she became a nun.
[2] gone:: away from the mundane world.
[3, 4] Remoteness, Face, Tongue:: with veil and kept silence.
[6] Foreign:: with a different life style.
[7] Traversed:: passed over her earthly life.
[8] Latitudeless Place:: a restricted place, convent.
[9] Elements Unaltered:: they are still human beings.
[11] Love's transmigration:: a change from loving human to God.
[15] I:: a nun.
[16] His, Penury:: God has paid very little.
[17] toils for Freedom, Family:: the reason to be a nun.
[19] Restitution:: the torment of being a nun is the price of idolatry.
[20] Idolatry:: the worship of idols or anything which is not God.