I know Suspense it steps so terse — Suspension System

I know Suspense-it steps so terse 1
And turns so weak away-
Besides-Suspense is neighborly
When I am riding by-

Is always at the Window 5
Though lately I descry
And mention to my Horses
The need is not of me-
(F.1283/J.1285)
[1] Suspense:: same as suspension (OED suspense 5); suspension of a horse carriage. steps so terse:: elegent, refined riding of the carriage with suspension.
[2] turns, weak:: it weakens vibrations.
[3] neighborly:: friendly to the passengers.
[1, 4] I know, I am riding:: the narrator is riding the carriage.
[5] is, Window:: people's suspense, doubt, is always at the window.
[7] my Horses:: the narrator's carriage horses.
[8] need, not of me:: the need of that doubt is not on me.

Rippen & Hill, Sacramento-an exceedingly beautiful topped buggy . . . body hung on the principle of a suspension bridge, leather used enameled and patent, shafts, spokes, etc., of hickory-value estimated at six hundred dollars; ─ Report of the California State Agricultural Society (1860)

In the next class of two-wheeled spring vehicle for one horse, pliable leathern braces are introduced between the springs and the body of the vehicle. In this case, suspension brackets must be introduced. The Tilbury and the Cabriolet are the existing specimens. ─ English Pleasure Carriages (1837)