Escape is such a thankful Word — Heart-Seed

Escape is such a thankful Word 1
I often in the Night
Consider it unto myself
No spectacle in sight

Escape-it is the Basket 5
In which the Heart is caught
When down some awful Battlement
The rest of Life is dropt-

'Tis not to sight the savior-9
It is to be the saved-
And that is why I lay my Head
Upon this trusty word-
(F.1364/J.1347)
[1] Escape:: a plant that has escaped from cultivation (OED escape n.2), to the wild.
[3] it unto myself:: Dickinson compared the plant with herself, who escaped to the wild.
[4] No spectacle:: not an extraordinary view in sight, on her or the plant.
[5] Basket:: shape of the heart-seed, also called balloon vine, looks like a basket.
[6] Heart:: a hint on the climbing plant heart-seed; the seed inside the basket has a heart-shaped mark.
[8] dropt:: the hanging of the basket; also alluding to her life.
[9] not, sight, savior:: the plant or she didn't go wild to find someone to help.
[10] to be the saved:: the plant wanted to be alive; she wanted to keep her thought.
[11] my Head:: my thought.
[12] Upon this:: she let her thought escape to the wild.

The plant is remarkable for its inflated membranous capsule, from which it is sometimes called Balloon Vine, or Love in a Puff. The flowers are white and green, without any claim to beauty. ─ The Flower Garden (1859)