The Robin's my Criterion for Tune — Orchard Oriole

The Robin's my Criterion for Tune-1
Because I grow-where Robins do-
But, were I Cuckoo born-
I'd swear by him-
The ode familiar-rules the Noon-5
The Buttercup's, my Whim for Bloom-
Because, we're Orchard sprung-
But, were I Britain born,
I'd Daisies spurn-
None but the Nut-October fit-10
Because, through dropping it,
The Seasons flit-I'm taught-
Without the Snow's Tableau
Winter, were lie-to me-
Because I see-New Englandly-15
The Queen, discerns like me-
Provincially-
(F.256/J.285)
[1, 2] Robin:: a hint that "I" is a bird similar to robin.
[7] Orchard:: orchard oriole.
[8] were I Britain born:: orchard oriole is a North American oriole.

Orchard Oriole. This bird has been described under a variety of names; as the spurious oriole, bastard oriole . . . Many mistakes have been occasioned by the change of color which thee birds undergo, as they do not receive their full and perfect plumage till the fourth year. ─ The Naturalist's Library (1857)