I shall know why when Time is over — Doubting Thomas

I shall know why-when Time is over-1
And I have ceased to wonder why-
Christ will explain each separate anguish
In the fair schoolroom of the sky-

He will tell me what "Peter" promised-5
And I-for wonder at his woe-
I shall forget the drop of Anguish
That scalds me now-that scalds me now!
(F.215/J.193)
[1] Time is over:: Jesus' time is over, the Resurrection, so that Thomas would have doubt. "Time is" hints at Thomas.
[5] Peter:: a hint on the Apostles. "Peter" promised:: Peter denied God. "Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee." (Matthew 26:34–35)
[6] I for wonder:: Thomas called Didymus. "The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe." (John 20:25)
[7, 8] Anguish, scalds me:: being denied by someone, possibly by the church.