If I can stop one Heart from breaking — A Midsummer Night's Dream

If I can stop one Heart from breaking 1
I shall not live in vain
If I can ease one Life the Aching
Or cool one Pain

Or help one fainting Robin 5
Unto his Nest again
I shall not live in Vain.
(F.982/J.919)
[1] I:: Oberon, master of Robin Goodfellow.
[1, 2, 3] breaking, Aching, Pain:: In Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, Helena and Demetrius had been lovers but Demetrius turned to pursue Hermia. Hermia loved Lysander though her father rejected Lysander. Helena was heartbreaking, Hermia aching, and Lysander in pain. (Demetrius deserted Helena and won the support of Hermia's father. The fairy king Oberon sent Robin Goodfellow to help; however, the mischievous Robin applied the magic love potion to the wrong target. Oberon fixed the confusion at the end.
[5] Robin:: Robin Goodfellow, a mischievous fairy. fainting:: as in a swoon, Robin mistaking Lysander to Demetrius. help:: to correct Robin's error by Oberon.
[6] Unto his Nest again:: sending Robin away to avoid more troubles.