I have a King, who does not speak — King Bird

I have a King, who does not speak-1
So-wondering-thro' the hours meek
I trudge the day away-
Half glad when it is night, and sleep,
If, haply, thro' a dream, to peep
In parlors, shut by day.

And if I do-when morning comes-7
It is as if a hundred drums
Did round my pillow roll,
And shouts fill all my Childish sky,
And Bells keep saying "Victory"
From steeples in my soul!

And if I don't-the little Bird13
Within the Orchard, is not heard,
And I omit to pray
"Father, thy will be done" today
For my will goes the other way,
And it were perjury!
(F.157/J.103)
[1] King:: a) a kingbird; b) a man of power.
[2, 3] wondering, trudge:: she stayed with the king in the parlors.
[4] Half glad:: not very glad for she must leave the king.
[5] a dream:: following actions are only in her mind.
[6] day:: a) daytime; b) in public.
[7] do:: to shut the parlors and to keep the king.
[8] drums:: the song of kingbird.
[11] Victory:: kingbird is a highly defensive, tyrannous bird.
[13] don't:: not to shut the parlors and to set the king free. little Bird:: a) a hint on kingbird; b) a secret.
[14] Orchard:: the king in the orchard (a hint on Eden).
[16] thy will be done:: not to cage birds. "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:10)
[17] the other way:: she wished to keep the king.

The Tyrant Flycatcher, or, as it is commonly name, the Field Martin, or King Bird, is one of the most interesting visiters of the United States, . . . The male and female are seen moving about through the air, with a continued quivering motion of their wings, at a height of twenty or thirty yards above the ground, uttering a continual, tremulous, loud shriek. ─ The Birds of America (1840)