I bring an unaccustomed wine — Seeking Perceiver

I bring an unaccustomed wine 1
To lips long parching
Next to mine,
And summon them to drink;

Crackling with fever, they Essay,5
I turn my brimming eyes away,
And come next hour to look.

The hands still hug the tardy glass-8
The lips I would have cooled, alas-
Are so superfluous Cold-

I would as soon attempt to warm 11
The bosoms where the frost has lain
Ages beneath the mould-

Some other thirsty there may be 14
To whom this would have pointed me
Had it remained to speak-

And so I always bear the cup 17
If, haply, mine may be the drop
Some pilgrim thirst to slake-

If, haply, any say to me 20
"Unto the little, unto me,"
When I at last awake.
(F.126/J.132)
[1] unaccustomed wine:: uncommon poems; wine's figurative usage.
[2, 3] lips, parching, Next to mine:: her friends who seldom read poems.
[4] drink:: to absorb, enjoy.
[5] fever, they Essay:: they tried with excitement.
[6, 7] brimming eyes:: she was excited too.
[8] glass:: a spectacle.
[9] cooled:: refreshed.
[10] Cold:: without passion.
[12, 13] bosoms, Ages beneath the mould:: a heart in the dust for years.
[14–16] other thirsty, pointed me:: her friends said that there might exist other readers who can appreciate her poems.
[17] cup:: something to be partaken of, endured or enjoyed (OED 9).
[19] pilgrim:: one who seeks supremacy in literature.
[21] Unto the little:: people who knew little of her poems and wanted more.
[22] awake:: to rouse from an inactive state. She would become active after someone who can appreciate her poems.