'Twas just this time, last year, I died — Christmas Tree

Each year a Christmas tree would be cut and carried to home. Dickinson imagined herself the tree who brought happiness to her family. She wanted to get out but her will was held. She wished they could come to (conform with) her in some perfect year.

'Twas just this time, last year, I died. 1
I know I heard the Corn,
When I was carried by the Farms-
It had the Tassels on-

I thought how yellow it would look-5
When Richard went to mill-
And then, I wanted to get out,
But something held my will.

I thought just how Red-Apples wedged 9
The Stubble's joints between-
And the Carts stooping round the fields
To take the Pumpkins in-

I wondered which would miss me, least, 13
And when Thanksgiving, came,
If Father'd multiply the plates-
To make an even Sum-

And would it blur the Christmas glee 17
My Stocking hang too high
For any Santa Claus to reach
The Altitude of me-

But this sort, grieved myself, 21
And so, I thought the other way,
How just this time, some perfect year-
Themself, should come to me-
(F.344/J.445)
[1, 3] I died, carried:: a Christmas tree being cut and carried to home.
[2, 4] heard the Corn, Tassels:: the narrator is a plant, so it can hear other plants. Corn with tassels were gathered too, died like the tree.
[6] Richard:: richardine, a kind of apple (OED 1).
[7, 8] out, held:: the tree was put inside the house.
[9-12] Apples, Pumpkins:: the harvest.
[13] miss me:: by other plants like apples and pumpkins.
[15] multiply, plates:: much food in plates; a wish of a prolific year.
[16] even Sum:: the same amount for everyone.
[17, 18] Christmas, Stocking:: a hint on a Christmas tree.
[20] Altitude of me:: a hint on a tree, not human. Dickinson was talking about her spiritual self.
[23, 24] perfect, come to me:: not to cut the tree but to celebrate where the tree grows, which will be perfect; to comply with her, not to hurt her.