How happy I was if I could forget — November Moth

A November moth comes out from its cocoon and flies to meet the new world. It will perish soon in the cold winter. This poem is a wish to forget, transform, fly and disappear.

How happy I was if I could forget 1
To remember how sad I am
Would be an easy adversity
But the recollecting of Bloom

Keeps making November difficult 5
Till I who was almost bold
Lose my way like a little Child
And perish of the cold.
(F.1080/J.898)
[1] I:: a November moth.
[3] easy adversity:: in its pupa stage.
[4] recollecting of Bloom:: a memory of the moth's caterpillar stage, consuming flowers.
[5] November:: a hint on November moth. difficult:: hard in the process of transformation.
[7] little Child:: a new life.
[8] perish:: it disappears in the cold winter. cold:: the apathy.

November Moth. Feeding on the leaves in spring, a dirty green measure worm, beneath paler bluish white, its breathing pores forming a row of orange red dots along each side, where is sometimes a yellow line also; living openly exposed upon the leaves and in the summer entering the ground to pass its pupa state; the moth coming out in November, its wings usually as thin as bank note paper and semi-transparent, very pale gray, the fore pair with faint indistinct transverse marks of a darker color, whereof two near to and parallel with the hind edge are commonly the most distinct, and two others extending from the middle of the inner margin to a small dusky streak in the centre of the wing, the hind wings fringed all around with whitish hairs. Width about 1.30. Slowly flying among the leafless bushes upon mild days in November I have met with this moth. ─ Proceedings By New York Agricultural Society (1859)