Dreams are the subtle Dower — The Taming of the Shrew

Dreams are the subtle Dower
That make us rich an Hour-
Then fling us poor
Out of the purple Door
Into the Precinct raw
Possessed before-
(F.1401/J.1376)
[1] Dreams:: dreams as Christopher Sly in The Taming of the Shrew. subtle:: wily, sly, a hint on Christopher Sly.
[2] rich an Hour:: a wealth Lord who took Sly and treated him as a lord.
[3] fling, poor:: then he awoke to his poor life.
[4] Purple Door:: the house of the Lord.
[5, 6] raw, before:: Sly lived a rude life before and after his dream.

Slie. Who's this? Tapster! Oh, I have had the bravest dream that ever thou heard'st in all thy life.

Tap. Yea, marry, but thou hadst best get thee home, for your wife will curse you for dreaming here all night.

Slie. Will she? I know how to tame a shrew. I dreamt upon it all this night, and thou hast wak'd me out of the best dream that ever I had, but I'll to my wile, and tame her too, if she anger me. ─ The Dramatic Works of William Shakespeare, Volume II, BOSTON (1850)