My Soul accused me And I quailed — Winter's Tale

My Soul-accused me-And I quailed-1
As Tongue of Diamond had reviled
All else accused me-and I smiled-
My Soul-that Morning-was My friend-

Her favor-is the best Disdain 5
Toward Artifice of Time-or Men-
But Her Disdain-'twere lighter bear
A finger of Enamelled Fire-
(F.793/J.753)
[1] I:: Leontes, King of Sicilia in The Winter's Tale. My Soul:: Leontes' belief. He sent two lords to Apollo's Temple in Delphos, asking for oracle about the queen's chastity.
[2] Tongues of Diamond:: the oracle accused Leontes.
[3] All Else:: everyone beside Leontes tried to persuade him, that the queen was innocent.
[4] that Morning:: the morning Leontes received the oracle, and regreted.
[5] Her favor:: Hermione, Queen of Sicilia, who loved Leontes thought he put her to prison. Her daughter Perdita was another favor of the queen.
[7, 8] Her Disdain, Enamelled:: Hermione wasn't dead but turned to a statue, or faked her death and pretended to be a statue.
[8] finger of Enamelled Fire:: a severe accuse by a statue's finger.